PARROT HEADS OF CENTRAL FLORIDA (PHCF)
ARTICLE I – Name
- This organization shall be known as the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF).
- No person or group may enter into activities in which the name “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) is used or associated without prior approval of the Executive Board.
- This organization has been created under the auspices of the “Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc.” (PHiP), the nationally sanctioned Parrot Head Club.
ARTICLE II – Severability
- If any part of this document is found to violate any laws of competent jurisdiction and is therefore rendered unenforceable, the balance of the document shall remain unaffected and in full force and effect.
ARTICLE III – Purpose
- The object and purposes for which “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) is formed are as follows:
1.1. To be a source of enjoyment, relaxation and fellowship to its Membership.
1.2. To assist in community, charitable and environmental concerns, as well as to provide a variety of social activities for people of similar interests.
ARTICLE IV – Executive Board
- The Executive Board shall consist of a minimum of three (3) officers, but always equating to an odd number to allow for a voting tie-break:
- When a vote of the Executive Board is required by these Operating Principles, the entire Executive Board must participate in the vote.
- The Executive Board is responsible for all communication distribution to Membership.
3.1. Use of the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) website and/or electronic mailing distribution list must contain the following components:
3.1.1. Social – an intention to gather to have PHun
3.1.2. Purpose – an intention to either ‘give back to the community’ in a volunteer manner, and/or to raise funding for charitable causes.
ARTICLE V – Amendments
- The power to alter, amend, or repeal the Operating Principles shall be vested in the Executive Board. and ratified by the Membership. Voting shall comply with the requirements set forth in Article VI (Membership) of these Operating Principles.
1.1. Voting will be by electronic ballot via e-mail.
1.2. Voting will be in a timely manner, not to exceed 10 days from the transmission of the electronic ballot.
1.2.1. A non-vote will be considered abstention.
ARTICLE VI – Membership
- Membership – $25.00 annual dues, per person, 18 years of age or older. ($25.00 pricing begins with 2024 Membership Dues)
1.1. PHounder – $0.00 annual dues will be applied to Jim Schlegel as PHounder of “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF).
- The annual Membership period shall be from January 1st through December 31st.
- Members must renew by December 31st to maintain an active status.
3.1. Membership renewal notices will be sent by November 1st.
- When a vote of the Membership is called for by these Operating Principles:
4.1. Voting will include entire Membership.
4.2. Any Member who is a Phaithful PHlocker is eligible to vote.
4.3. Votes will be decided by a simple majority of those votes cast.
4.4. Voting will only be by electronic ballot e-mailed to eligible Members.
Article VII – Code of Conduct
- It is the intention of the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) to provide social, community service, environmental projects and charitable activities for the enjoyment and benefit of all our members, guests, hosts and charities. All members of the organization shall be required to treat fellow members, guests and hosts and their property with respect. Members also agree to abide by all local, state and federal laws (including but not limited to) governing misuse of personal privileges, personal property and controlled substances.
- Members of “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF), by virtue of their Membership, agree to demonstrate personal responsibility for their words, actions and deeds and not to exhibit behaviors that are harmful to themselves and the other Members, guests and hosts or their property. We seek to provide a pleasant atmosphere in which to share our common love of the music and tales of Jimmy Buffett and to further the community, environment and charitable ideals that we seek to uphold.
- “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) will not condone behavior contrary to our objectives nor that which we feel is harmful or injurious to others or to “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) itself. By virtue of your Membership, you have indeed agreed to “Party with a Purpose” in a most responsible fashion!
ARTICLE VIII – Termination
- The Executive Board may suspend from “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) any Member whom the Executive Board determines no longer meets the requirements for Membership set forth in Article III (Purpose) and Article VII (Code of Conduct) of these Operating Principles.
1.1. This must be done by unanimous vote.
1.1.1. The vote suspends such member’s membership of “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) and all rights and privileges associated therewith.
- Inactive Members will be terminated if they remain in arrears after January 31st.
- Upon termination:
3.1. All items in the terminated Member’s possession belonging to “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) will be returned.
ARTICLE IX – Meetings
- A General Meeting of the Membership will be held annually. Location and time will be decided by a majority opinion of the Executive Board.
1.1. Open to all Members in good standing.
1.2. Schedule and location for the General Meeting will be published on the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) website and communicated to Membership via e-mail.
- PHlockings will be held quarterly at minimum. Schedule and location will be decided by majority opinion of the Executive Board.
2.1. Open to the Executive Board, Members in good standing, as well as their guests and prospective members.
2.2. Schedule and location for PHlockings will be published on the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) website and communicated to Membership via e-mail.
- Council of PHeathers Meetings will be held quarterly for the purpose of conducting “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) business and planning associated activities. Schedule and location will be decided by a majority opinion of the Executive Board.
3.1. Open to Executive Board and Members in good standing.
3.2. Voting on motions is by Executive Board only.
3.3. Schedule and location for Council of PHeathers meetings will be published on “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) website and communicated to Membership via e-mail.
ARTICLE X – Terms of Office
- All terms of office will be for one (1) year.
- All terms of office will commence on January 1st and expire on December 31st.
- Any elected member of the Executive Board of the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF), who resigns from office without completing the term of office will not be eligible to run for a Board position again for three (3) years from the date of resignation.
- Only PHaithPHul PHlockers shall be eligible to:
4.1. Vote in an election.
4.2. Nominate a Member for an Executive Board position.
4.3. Be elected to a position on the Executive Board.
- Elections will be during the month of November with Executive Board assuming responsibilities January 1st.
- Elections will be by electronic ballot e-mailed to eligible Members by the Elections Officer.
6.1. A non-vote will be considered abstention.
6.2. In the event that no candidate receives a majority of votes cast, the election will be decided by best two-out-of-three coin tosses.
- The Executive Board must attend Council of PHeathers meetings with regularity.
- The Executive Board may resign by submitting a written resignation.
- An Officer of the Executive Board may be removed from office by a two-thirds vote of Membership.
- An Elections Officer will be utilized for the election process.
10.1. Will not be a nominee for any of the vacancies.
10.2. Must be a PHaithful PHlocker.
10.3. Will be responsible for the tallying of ballots and the announcement of election results to the Executive Board.
10.4. Ballots will be produced in a reasonable time for inspection upon a reasonable request from a PHaithful PHlocker.
10.5. Ballots will be retained for one month beyond the election or the last request to review the ballots, whichever comes first.
ARTICLE XI – Duties of Office
- To attend quarterly Council of PHeathers meetings.
- To uphold “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) Operating Principles.
- To uphold the designated responsibilities of the Executive Board.
- Provide training and mentoring to successors, ensuring understanding of duties.
ARTICLE XII – Finances
- Membership Dues will constitute a General Operating Fund that can be supplemented by activities designated by the Executive Board.
1.1. General Operating Fund will, at a minimum, finance:
1.1.1. Membership dues to PHIP.
1.1.2. State corporate fees.
1.1.3. Banking fees.
1.1.4. maintaining “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) website.
1.1.5. Any additional fees as required by law.
1.2. General expenses associated with Membership. (e.g., event expenses, etc.).
- The Executive Board may designate additional general Membership functions to be paid for out of the General Operating Fund.
- Events funded out of the General Fund will return any profits they make to the General Fund.
- Monies raised for a charitable cause are expected to be deposited in the General Fund. After event expenses are covered, donations will be distributed to specified charity from the “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF) General Fund.
- The Executive Board will provide a written quarterly financial report that details, at a minimum, the following:
5.1. The current amount available in the General Fund.
5.2. Expenditures made out of the General Fund.
5.3. Income to the General Fund.
5.4. Monies held on behalf of existing charities in the General Fund.
5.5. Year to date totals of the above will be included in the report.
ARTICLE XIII – Guidelines for Club Events and Concert Tickets
- A Club Event is defined as a “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF)-sponsored event.
- In the event of ticket availability the following guidelines will apply:
1.1. PHIP tickets are for use by PHaithful PHlockers only and may not be transferred or sold to an individual that is not a PHaithful PHlocker.
1.2. All concert tickets will be regarded as PHIP tickets and will be available only to PHaithful PHlockers.
1.3. PHaithful PHlockers will be notified of ticket availability through regular meetings or electronic mailings, whichever is more convenient and/or expedient at the time of the announcement.
1.4. Ticket Payment
1.4.1. Ticket orders will be secured by a deposit equal to the expected price of the tickets. If payment is not received at the time of order, no ticket will be ordered.
- Failure to follow the above guidelines will result in the loss of ticket rights for the next concert.
- The Executive Board will appoint a member to coordinate ticket activities within “Parrot Heads of Central Florida” (PHCF), with “Parrot Heads in Paradise, Inc.” (PHiP), and with sponsor and venue representatives.
Article XIV – Dissolution
- Should the club be dissolved for any reason, all monies in the treasury shall be donated to charities determined by the Executive Board.