Over 25 Years of Partying with a Purpose!
Welcome to the Parrot Heads of Central Florida, based in Orlando, FL and serving the Greater Orlando area!
Latest PHCF News
- $255.00 was raised at the August PHlocking, and these funds are going towards making our 2019 Christmas Party absolutely PHabulous!!
- This month, your Council of PHeathers will be meeting in person to conduct all sorts of club business – such as Operating Principals – and we are inviting you to attend to share your thoughts and ideas. See you on September 26th.
- We have TWO Adopt-a-Race volunteer opportunities this month!! Be sure to mark your calendar to pour some beer on the 14th and the 28th!!
- Amy Huttunen, our Coconut Telegrapher, has just uploaded numerous club event videos, provided by George Schott, and by going to phcf.com/photos, you can watch all of them to see just how many times you’ve found yourself in front of a camera ‘Partying with a Purpose’.
- We are searching for an Elections Officer for the 2019 Council Elections – if you would like to s … (read more…)
A Quick Word from your President:
I’d like to take a quick moment to thank our PHellow member, Pam Hausle, for extending an invitation to take the opportunity to showcase just how amazing PHCF is to all of Central Florida via the WESH2 CommUNITY segment featuring the Space Coast Parrot Head Club. Our amazing Keeper, Ray Wortley, did a PHantastic job sharing all the wonderful that is our PHabulous PHlock, and this was definitely a moment we could appreciate ourselves (and our PHriends) for all that we have done/continue to do.
Have a PHun September, and I’ll see you “Partying with a Purpose” at one of the three volunteer opportunities on this month’s calendar!!… (read more…)
Lucky Stars for This Month
Recipient: Second Harvest Food Bank
Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida is a private, nonprofit organization that collects, stores and distributes donated food to more than 550 feeding partners in six Central Florida counties: Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia. Last year, with the help of numerous donors, volunteers and a caring, committed community, the food bank distributed nearly 58 million meals to partner programs such as food pantries, soup kitchens, women’s shelters, senior centers, day care centers and Kids Cafes.
In addition to helping feed the line of our neighbors who need help, Second Harvest also transforms dozens of lives directly every year. Economically-challenged adults who graduate from our 16-week culinary training program are placed in ‘better than minimum wage’ jobs that set them and their families on a path to self-sustainability. Yet another important activity helps connect people who are eligible to receive SNAP food assistance benefits with the resources they need to access the program and get help.
Critical need items:
- Fruits: Canned fruit (in its own juice, no sugar added varieties), dried fruit, 100% fruit juice
- Vegetables: Canned vegetables (reduced salt/no salt varieties), 100% vegetable juice, spaghetti sauce
- Grains: Rice, pasta, crackers (whole-grain varieties), ready-to-eat cereal (low sugar/high-fiber), oatmeal
- Protein Foods: Canned meat/poultry, canned tuna/salmon (packed in water), canned/dry beans & peas (low/no salt varieties), peanut butter
- Dairy/Dairy Alternatives: Nonfat dry milk, evaporated milk, soymilk
- Meals: Beef stew, canned soup (reduced sodium varieties), chili, other canned meals
- Other: Nutritional drinks (ex: Ensure, Boost)
- Baby Food: Must be in complete, undamaged original packaging. No individual serving glass or plastic containers unless in an unopened case.
- Non-food Items: Diapers, toiletries (soap, shampoo, shaving cream, etc.). Must be unopened and stored separate from food donations.
Raffle Table For This Month
Recipient: Juvenile Arthritis – Arthritis Foundation
Sponsors: Ray Wortley
The Arthritis Foundation leads the way in providing support to children with juvenile arthritis and their families. They work to fund research, advocate for kids, create awareness and provide education for those affected by this disease.
To learn more, click here.
Thank You’s from our Charities
We wanted to thank you for PHCF’s donation of school supplies to Jackson Heights Middle School. It is greatly appreciated and will go to good use.
School Administration Manager