Over 25 Years of Partying with a Purpose!
Welcome to the Parrot Heads of Central Florida, based in Orlando, FL and serving the Greater Orlando area!
Latest PHCF News
- $225.00 raised during January’s PHlocking is being added to the total funding being raised for PHebruary’s Sea Oat Planting project!!
- The PHCF Annual Spring Manatee Picnic is on February 17th – be sure to arrive early to ensure you are able to get into the park. Please see Tammy Esser to RSVP and for any further details.
- There is an opportunity PHor YOU to win yourself a brand new PHun bicycle courtesy of Margaritaville Resorts Orlando!!!…All you have to do to give yourself the chance to make THIS yours is to add to our ever-growing PHlock by signing up a new PHCF Membership, or by bringing an expired (over two years) Membership current, no later than March 31st — that’s all it takes for you to be entered into the drawing — so easy, right?!?!…
- The winner will be announced during the April 5th PHlocking
Upcoming PHlocking Information!
Are you ready to “Party with a Purpose“? The March Phlocking will be held at Kiwi’s Pub and Grill at 801 West SR 436 in Altamonte Springs.
Time: 7:00 PM
Date: March 1, 2019
Lucky Stars for This Month
Recipient: Suggestions needed for 2019
Prior to each month’s PHlocking, we select an organization to be the beneficiary of the Lucky Stars drive. PHlock members are then requested to bring the donated items to the PHlocking for collection. All donated items are taken to the recipient organization by the sponsoring PHlock member(s). If you have an organization you’d like to sponsor for our Lucky Stars, please send an email to the Keeper of the PHlock, Ray Wortley, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucky Stars is a charitable program named after Jimmy Buffett’s tune “Lucky Stars”. It reminds us that even though we all have problems and adversity, we have much to be thankful for and there are always others in great need that we can help!
“I got a roof over my head;
Someone to love me in a four-poster bed,
and I can play this here guitar and
Thank my lucky stars!”
Raffle Table For This Month
Recipient: Save the Manatee
Save the Manatee Club was founded in 1981 by Bob Graham, former Florida Governor and U.S. Senator, and singer/songwriter Jimmy Buffett. The Club was started with the mission to protect manatees and their habitat. Today, Save the Manatee Club is the world’s leading manatee conservation organization.
Manatees are Florida’s official state marine mammal. They are listed as endangered at the international level by the IUCN World Conservation Union. They are listed as threatened at the federal level by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and at the state level by the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). Their listing status is largely due to human activity. In order to recover the manatee population – or delist the species – our goals are:
- To protect ample healthy habitat to support a stable or growing manatee population
- To reduce manatee harassment, injuries and deaths from human activity
- To ensure that sufficient regulations have been adopted to accomplish these goals
As part of our mission to ‘Party with a Purpose’, each month we select an organization or beneficiary for the PHlocking Raffle Table. We count on YOU, our members in good standing, to make recommendations on recipients and coordinate the table. The Council is in need of individuals to sponsor the remaining 2019 monthly PHlocking Raffle Table. If you have an organization that you’d like to help, please send an email to the Keeper of the PHlock, Ray Wortley, at email@example.com.
Thank You’s from our Charities
Dear Friends of HOPE!
A very special thank you for your participation in helping serve those in need through HOPE in 2018. We are truly blessed by your gifts that allow us to continue on our mission of preventing homelessness. As we end our 11th year of serving those in crisis in our community, on behalf of everyone at HOPE I want to say a special thank you from our HOPE family to yours! … (read more…)