Next Community Service Event

Become a Member!

Join Online
(PayPal)

PHCF Membership Application

It’s Time to Renew!

Renewal Form

Join Our Facebook Group!

Facebook

Look Who’s Playing:

January:  Bill Cockrell

February:  Richard “Schooner” McGuire

March:  Ted Villarreal

April:  Capt’n Josh

May:  Ted Villarreal

June:  Joel T. Cook / Highway One

July:  Jimi Pappas

August:  Capt’n Josh

September:  Joel T. Cook / Highway One

October:  Jason Webb

November:  John Beck

Sep 17Sep 17

September Council of Pheathers

September 18, 2017 (Held at Friendly Confines)
Call to order at 7:14 p.m. by Terry Clark

In Attendance:
Vice President-Terry Clark
Secretary-Joan Williams
Treasurer- Amy Buchanan
Membership Officer-Jackie Dorsey
Keeper of the Phlock-Megan Oberlin
Executive Officer-Amy Walker
Member Advocate-Dave McVeigh
Member Advocate-John Williams
Member Guest-Rich Stawick

OFFICER REPORTS:
SECRETARY’S REPORT:

Minutes for last meeting recorded by Joan Williams.

Motion to accept report made by Amy Buchanan and seconded by Megan Oberlin. Motion passed unanimously.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Treasury report submitted by Amy Buchanan.

We only have a little over $900 in the checking account. The Christmas party tickets remain the same price as last year. The committee reduced the food by $250 and the entertainment by $250. To help defray costs, the committee will do a raffle table at the November phlocking and a 50/50 at the Christmas party. Also, Amy Buchanan will ask for a volunteer to hold a 50/50 at the Fall picnic.

Motion to accept report made by John Williams, seconded by Terry Clark. Motion passed unanimously.

MEMBERSHIP OFFICER REPORT:

Jackie Dorsey submitted the Membership report. Jackie reported there were 54 members at the September Phlocking, and 2 members were inducted. Bruce Sheets was the $5 raffle winner.
An early dues renewal email will be sent by Jacki as soon as her internet is up and running.

Motion to accept report made by Amy Buchanan and seconded by Megan Oberlin. Motion passed unanimously.

KEEPER OF THE PHLOCK REPORT:

Megan announced that the October Phlocking will be held Friday, October 6, 2017. The theme for the Phlocking will be Halloween and will include a costume contest. The musician will be Bill Cockrell. The Lucky Stars benefactor will be Hurricane Irma relief through the Red Cross and the raffle table sponsor is Jeanette Anderson. The raffle table will also be for Hurricane Irma relief.

We are in need of empty baskets for raffle table sponsors. Megan will include a request for baskets in the phlocking email.

Motion to accept report made by John Williams, seconded by Amy Buchanan. Motion passed unanimously.

COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER REPORT:

Rich Stawick, proxy for Kari Sheets. No report.

VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:

No report.

EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT:

No report.

MEMBER ADVOCATE REPORT:

No report.

PRESIDENT’S REPORT:

John Williams served as Jeanette’s proxy and read the following report:

I spoke to Jim VanPelt and let him know about cancelling the pre-MOTM party. He was disappointed, but understood. He and Nancy agreed to host the general meeting at their house. I let him know they have a $100 budget to spend as they wish and that we planned to do a pot luck for food.

We have 41 members registered for MOTM this year (which I have been assured is still a go!). We will be planning some club get togethers during the event. These will be planned once we have more information about musician schedules and the state of the island’s venues. I don’t have the details yet, but we need to send two council members to the club leader’s brunch (I believe it is Friday morning). The registered officers are: Jeanette, Jackie, Terry and Kari. Are any of them interested in going? Terry Clark is interested in going.

Our club is going to be a sponsoring club for Music on the Bay this year. We will be helping fellow members Mike and Julie Peacock with registration. We will also need to promote the event and contribute a raffle basket (which Jackie and I will gladly put together). In exchange, we will be recognized in their advertising and at the event.

Motion to accept report made by Dave McVeigh, seconded by Amy Buchanan. Motion passed unanimously.

OLD BUSINESS:

Christmas Party update:

A phlockmail has been sent with Christmas party details. It is being held at the Longwood VFW. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for nonmembers. New band this year – Schooner’s band Cabana Boys. We were able to lower some expenses and are sponsoring the November raffle table to raise extra money so we could keep the ticket price the same. We already have 17 people signed up. It is not BYOB. We have our own bartender and the drinks are inexpensive. BYOB will need to be included in the Christmas party email.

NEW BUSINESS

Elections:

I spoke to Gregg and Suzanne about timing for the election. An email will go out in a week or two with details about open positions and calling for nominations. Nominations will be accepted through the end of October. Voting will begin November 1 and run through November 11. Winners will be announced at the general meeting on November 12.
Terry Clark thanked Rich Stawick for his work on the Wekiva picnic. 60 people had signed up. Unfortunately, the picnic had to be canceled and cannot be rescheduled. Wekiva is under water and has no refrigeration.

Meeting was adjourned at 7:46 pm.

Minutes submitted by Joan Williams, Scribe