June Council of PHheathers
June 17, 2013
Lisa Schott Call to order 7:04
Submitted by Jackie Dorsey – Secretary
President – Lisa Schott
Vice President – Bruce Broulik
Secretary -Jackie Dorsey
Membership Occifer – Amy Clark
Communications Occifer – Shawn Goos
Keeper of the Phlock – Jeanette Freeman
Executive Occifer – Norbert Camacho
Member Advocate – Terry Clark
Member Advocate – Joe Deluzio
Past President – Jim “JT Thomas
Club Member – Mary McCormick
Minutes submitted to web site. Bank accounts reviewed. A motion to accept the report was made by Amy Clark and it was seconded by Norbert Camacho, the motion was approved unanimously.
Suzanne Templin not present but sent report to Lisa:
Some discussion of the annual budget occurred. Shawn asked if he could renew our membership in “Elbow Room”. Lisa stated that since it was under $250 we did not need a vote but it would come out of the Communication Occifer’s budget. A motion to accept the report was made by Amy Clark and it was seconded by Bruce Broulik and the motion was approved unanimously.
MEMBERSHIP OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Amy reports 64 people were at the last phlocking. There were no inductions although there was one new (former) member join that evening. As it stands we have 329 members. A motion to accept the report was made byJackie Dorseyand it was seconded by Shawn Goos and the motion was approved unanimously.
KEEPER OF THE PHLOCK REPORT:
Jeanette announced she wouldn’t be at next phlocking. She missed the last one and thanked everybody who helped out. She did mention our Kickball team did not win the tournament at Suwanee. Jeanette need somebody to run the raffle table at the next PHlocking and a charity to donate proceeds. Lucky stars are sponsored Gail and Paul for theRussellHome. The music will be provided Schooner because Jimi Pappas had an offer he couldn’t refuse. Jeanette announced she needs raffle table sponsors for the rest of the year. A motion was made by Jim Thomas to accept the report and seconded by Amy. Motion was passed unanimously.
COMMUNICATIONS OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Shawn Goos asked to be sent the volleyball calendar so he could post it on Facebook. He will also not be at the July PHlocking. A motion was made byJackie Dorseyto accept the report and seconded by Amy. Motion was passed unanimously
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
Nothing to report at this time.
EXECUTIVE OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Norbert Camacho stated he would not be at July’s PHlocking either. A motion to accept the report was made by Jim Thomas and it was seconded by Amy and the motion was approved unanimously
MEMBER ADVOCATE’S REPORT:
Nothing to report at this time.
Mary McCormick was given the floor to discuss reviving the club photo album. She will be our Club PHuntograPHer. Plan to add her name to the induction paperwork so she will see all the new people. A motion was made to accept Mary McCormick’s offer to proceed with photo album by Shawn and seconded by Bruce it then passed unanimously.
Lisa states she will need spreadsheets for the mid-year report before next month. Amy did a great job with announcements at the PHlocking in May and Lisa asked for the rest of the council to step up and do some the rest of the year. Bruce volunteered to do July. Jackie volunteered for October, Jeanette for November. Lisa once again encouraged everybody to participate in upcoming events. Lisa also mentioned Warene Moynelle offered an alternative PHlocking location of Miller’s Field if we need. A motion to accept the report was made by Jeanette and it was seconded by Norbert and the motion was approved unanimously.
NEW BIDNESS: (continued)
- Meeting of the Minds (MOTM): Jeanette volunteered to investigate club party locations.
- Volley Ball tournament needed more people to register and play, currently only have enough for 2 teams.
- Margaritaville made an offer for a frozen concoction maker at a reduced price ($112) to be used in a charitable event. Jim Thomas made a motion for the club to purchase, Norbert seconded and the motion passed unanimously.
- PHIP is seeking nominations for secretary and president.
- Lisa asked if somebody was interested in writing up our club for nomination for Golden Coconut (Best club). Jeanette offered to put something together. This needs to be done by August 15th
- Lisa noted that our ongoing checking balance is still too high. She asked for ideas of how to fairly donate two to three thousand dollars. The club decided to split the difference at $2500.
- Motion 1: Jeanette made a motion that for the remainder of 2013 the club would match the proceeds from the raffle tables up $250/ PHlocking. The motion was seconded by Shawn and passed unanimously.
- Discussion about the remainder of the money we will tabled for now.
Donation to COPA was made last month to befit victims of theOklahomatornados. We received a very touching thank you letter with a breakdown of donations from all the clubs ranging in the hundreds to the thousands. Total donation was over $8000.
A motion to adjourn made by Jim Thomas and it was seconded by Jeanette the motion was approved unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at 8:52.