September Council of Pheathers
Sept 15, 2014 (Held at Friendly Confines Orange Ave)
Pam Hausle Call to order 7:02
Submitted by Jackie Dorsey Secretary
- President Pam Hausle
- Vice President Bruce Broulik
- Secretary Jackie Dorsey
- Treasurer Suzanne Templin
- Membership Occifer Amy Clark
- Keeper of the Phlock Jeanette Freeman
- Communications Occifer Shawn Goos
- Executive Occifer: Norbert Camacho
- Member Advocate Terry Clark
- Member Advocate Joe Deluzio
- Past President Jim “JT”Thomas
- Member Phil Anthony
Minutes for last meeting submitted via email. Bank accounts were reviewed.
A motion to accept the report was made by Amy Clark and seconded by Shawn Goos. The motion passed unanimously.
Suzanne Templin’s submitted her report. Suzanne states she gave the money raised from that last Phlocking to Eryn White, member Steve White’s daughter. The FITA account was opened at Regions.
Amy Clark made the motion to accept the report and Shawn Goos seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimously.
MEMBERSHIP OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Amy reports 107 people were at the last phlocking. There were 12 new members inducted. Because of the large number, Amy ran out of White leis, and colored leis. Amy stated she will be sending out renewal October 1st. Amy obtained a large number of lanyards and won’t need to order any for a while. A motion to accept the report was made by Shawn Goos and it was seconded by Jim Thomas and the motion was approved unanimously.
KEEPER OF THE PHLOCK REPORT:
Jeanette Freeman announced the next PHlocking would be October 3rd at Friendly Confines with our own Captain Josh playing. The group decided on a Halloween theme. Pam Hausle agreed to collect for a pet rescue organization. Pam suggested everybody bring pictures of their pets for fun at the phlocking. The raffle table will be run by Autumn and Rick for a friend who was in a tragic accident rendering him very injured.
A motion was made by Jackie Dorsey to accept the report it was seconded by Amy Clark. Motion was passed unanimously.
COMMUNICATIONS OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Shawn stated he will take a look into the Orlando Sentinel community events to post our PHlockings and events. Mailchimp fixed …for now. Shawn plans to look into alternative email engines.
A motion was made by Amy to accept the report it was seconded by Jeanette. Motion was passed unanimously
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
Give Kids the World (GKTW) pool party big hit. There were a few registration problems and now volunteers have to clock in and out on a computer.
A motion was made by Jim Thomas to accept the report it was seconded by Amy Clark. Motion was passed unanimously
EXECUTIVE OCCIFER’S REPORT:
MEMBER ADVOCATE’S REPORT:
Joe Diluzio nothing to report
Terry planning a kayaking trip for club memebers.
Pam wanted to take the time to same PHCF is really the best club she’s been involved.
- Xmas Party:
- Decided BYOB instead of having to deal with legalities of serving alcohol.
- Tabled for now.
- Fall Picnic (Amy)
- Will be at Rock Springs in Apopka on October 12th, pavilion payment made.
- Steve White Stone at GKTW
- Limited writing allowed
- Jeanette and Jackie will check with Stan, his best friend, for family’s wishes.
- Lisa and George Schott should be able to find pricing and specific plaque requirements
- Joe Deluzio mentioned a Belle Isle event we may want to participate.
- Pam and Rich plan to recruit new members to bowl with them, encouraged council to do the same if they need more people on their teams.
- MOTM club party
- Jackie and Jeanette suggested the club sponsor the second Sunday brunch this year as the club party.
- Due to dissention from some council member the topic was dropped and Jackie rescinded her request. Jackie states the people she is staying with will help fund the party again themselves and the club will all be invited.
A motion to adjourn was made by Norbert and seconded, a vote passed unanimously.
Meeting ended at 8:01 pm