August Council of PHheathers
August 19, 2013
Lisa Schott Call to order 7:03
Submitted by Jackie Dorsey – Secretary
Vice President Bruce Broulik
Membership Occifer Amy Clark
Keeper of the PHlock Jeanette Freeman
Communications Occifer Shawn Goos
Executive Occifer Norbert Camacho
Secretary Jackie Dorsey
Member Advocate Joe Diluzio
Member Advocate Terry Clark
PHormer Prez Jim Thomas
Minutes submitted to web site after editing. Bank accounts reviewed. A motion to accept the report was made by Bruce Broulik and it was seconded by Norbert Camacho and the motion was approved unanimously.
Suzanne Templin submitted by email for both the monthly expenses as well as an up-to-date budget. A motion to accept the report was made by Jackie Dorsey and it was seconded by Bruce Broulik and the motion was approved unanimously.
MEMBERSHIP OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Amy Clark reports 76 people were at the last PHlocking and 4 new members were initiated bringing the membership total to 346 members. Amy also reported that she now needs to order lanyards. A motion to accept the report was made by Jeanette Freeman and it was seconded by Jackie Dorsey and the motion was approved unanimously.
KEEPER OF THE PHLOCK REPORT:
Jeanette reports that Captain Josh will be entertainment for September’s Phlocking Tammy Esser will be running the raffle table with proceeds to benefit the Alzheimer’s foundation (amendment: Tammy actually volunteered for October’s raffle table. Instead proceeds benefited a one of the Caribbean Chillers battling cancer foundation). Lucky Stars will be Orlando Rescue mission who are requesting diapers, towels, and sheets. A motion was made to accept the report by Amy seconded by Bruce. Motion was passed unanimously.
COMMUNICATIONS OCCIFER’S REPORT:
Shawn Goos reports the website and Facebook page are up to date. A motion to accept the report was made by Amy and it was seconded by Bruce Broulik, the motion was approved unanimously.
VICE PRESIDENT’S REPORT:
Bruce Broulik reported that 20 people came to Give Kids the World pool party. (two not yet Parrotheads). The next pool party will be in April. A motion to accept the report was made by Shawn and it was seconded by Joe Deluzio, the motion was approved unanimously.
EXECUTIVE OCCIFER’S REPORT:
A motion to accept the report was made by Amy and it was seconded by Bruce, the motion was approved unanimously.
MEMBER ADVOCATE’S REPORT:
No new complaints at this time.
There was a discussion about a get together between PHlockings. Shawn agreed to send emails out inquiring about interest from club members.
President’s Report Notes (emailed by Lisa Schott)
- Mary McCormick resigned and then came back as club phun-tographer. She has setup a Shutterfly account, has transferred some old photos from Don Tompkins’ account, and has started taking photos of club members. This account will be accessible to a few people for editing and by everyone for viewing once she gets it ready for release. She has sent a request via Facebook for people to send her photos or links to their photos – please support her in this.
- Did Jeanette submit a Golden Coconut award application? It was due August15?
- No Jeanette and Amy both attempted to do so but were unable to get it done.
- If not, we will try again next year. Ask Jeanette to make sure McWell’s knows we will not have a PHlocking on December 6 so they can use the room for another purpose that night. Have Shawn remove it from the calendar.
- Also, we usually skip the Council Meeting in November, because we have the all-member annual meeting on the prior weekend, November 10, at the Esser’s house. If the Council agrees to skip that meeting, please have Jeanette notify McWell’s, so they know we are not coming on November 18. Have Shawn remove it from the calendar, if agreed.
- I vote yes for up to $250 for the Diluzio’s to host a pre-MOTM party.
- Each officer to do announcements and new member initiations at one phlocking in 2013.
- September: Open – any takers?
- October: Jackie
- November: Jeanette
- December PHlocking due to Christmas party
- Each officer has a chance to run a Council meeting
- August: Shawn
- September: Amy or Jackie
- October: Amy or Jackie
- December: Jeanette
A motion to pass the president’s report was made by Bruce, seconded by Shawn and passed unanimously
FITA: We will once again run an ad in the MOTM program
MOTM: Jeanette still working on the club party with Laurie but her and Josh have conflicts.
Fall Picnic: Amy working out the details, scouting locations etc.
PHIP Leadership Conference: nobody from the club attended.
Bocce Ball: Joe has two courts reserved every Wednesday
Pre-MOTM party to be held at Joe and Sheena’s. Rich (Schooner) Mcguire will play. A motion was made by Jim Thomas to give Joe $250 to fund the party it was seconded by Shawn and the motion passed unanimously.
A motion to adjourn made by Jackie Dorsey and it was seconded by Bruce the motion was approved unanimously.
Meeting adjourned at 8:08